Wednesday 8 December 2010

A muse

Medium height, long dark hair,  she is curvy and very attractive.  Her dark brown eyes stare deep into mine as we stand almost toe to toe, eyes on the same level.  "Go on!" I give her a little shove.  "You can't make me." comes the growled response.  Hmmm, I try some music, skipping through using shuffle, trying to provoke a response in her.  In the corner of my eye, sand is slowly, relentlessly trickling through an egg timer.

Then something sparks in her eyes.  There is a smile that slowly reaches down to her pouting mouth.  Her two friends appear by her side and somewhere in the back, half hidden in the shadows is the only male of the group.  He's the hardest to see, intensively secretive, but I smile encouragingly at him, trying out my best 'come hither' look.

It's like an artists brush has touched blotting paper, colour and life starts to appear, spreading out from her.  We stand more relaxed, smiling and looking around ourselves.  Her friends are whispering in her ears, egging her on to tell me what they've been up to.  Her mouth opens but just before the words come out, the last grain of sand falls to the bottom and everything freezes.  "Sorry!" I mouth as I turn to leave.

My muse stands there looking really, really annoyed and frustrated, her face a reflection of mine.  She's not amused...

No comments:

Post a Comment