Wednesday 22 September 2010

baby steps

If you saw two people sitting in a car, every day, what would you think?  It's not always the same car, and it's not always the same people but it is always the same place and time.  They obviously have to sit there for a long time as they read books, work on their computer, sew and have been known to do hobby craft things.  It was the box of bits and glue that first caught my attention as I walked past and glanced in the car window.  I mean, who sits in their car, gluing?

The man sits in the drivers seat and the woman sits in the back, diagonally opposite.  This has been going on for about six months now and yesterday was the first day that I saw the woman in full view walking down the road to the car.  She was wearing an office pass round her neck, ID section turned inwards so I couldn't see her name or the company logo and on the belt loop of her trousers,  dangled a bottle of anti-bacterial hand wash.

So if you saw two people sitting in a car, every day, what would you think?

I'm sure there is a fun short story in there, but I think in this case the truth is stranger then fiction.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you've got a DHS undercover operation going on there, the hand gel is a key detail. Someone who is used to going into grubby places. How very observant of you!

    ReplyDelete