Friday 1 July 2011

Normal Service Will Resume Shortly

An emotional week, then a phone call from one of my oldest and best friends.  I have so many words at the end of my finger tips and yet I don't think I managed a single one when that storm hit.  Suddenly the world felt a little larger.  Instead of being able to hold her, I was holding my phone, one finger in the ear surrounded by screaming children. 

I'm sorry my darling.

We spoke the next day and this time it was her, finding all the right words for me. Showing me in the mirror what I could be, that there really is no excuse for not putting myself forward for things; take chances.  To stop looking for support and validation in what I do from those around me.  She is so strong, so much stronger then she thinks and such an inspiration to me.

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing to say, but couldn't not comment.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete