Monday 25 July 2011

Tornado

This month, my writers group's prompt was a picture of a small tornado.  So this is my memory of a tornado relationship!



 Tornado


You. You were my tornado.
Appearing suddenly, you sucked me in,
Pulling me into your centre,
Where in the quiet I thought I could see your heart, your soul.
In this artificial world I dallied, the centre of your eye.
Surrounded by you, blinded to the edge of destruction.

Your mouth brushed my neck as you whispered to me.
My ears, hearing only you, not the world around being torn apart.
I surrendered to you, tip-toeing within my confined space,
Distracted as thoughts spiralled.
But I wanted more, my fingers trail along your sides,
Feeling your power.

Then I'm flying, swept up
Amongst all the flotsam and jetsam of your life,
I'm not the only baggage you carry.
My eyes finally opened to the chaos around me.
But it's too late, this is survival,
My tangled heart, the price for dalliance.

1 comment:

  1. You are an incredible writer, Tamsin. What a beautiful, powerful poem! x

    ReplyDelete